BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Favorite Job

Pizza Girl! :D
I'd have to say my favorite job was being a pizza delivery girl when I was about 20. I worked for a seedy little bar a few towns over delivering pizza to people in the middle of snow storms. It was awesome! I drove a tiny little hatchback -- don't ask, coz I don't remember the make and model -- the drivers side door wouldn't open except from the inside, the passenger side window wouldn't go up and the rear passenger side window blew out one day from cold weather. (Seriously. I was just sitting inside my car, waiting for a friend, and all of a sudden the window just broke into a million pieces. Yes, I did almost poo myself.) The windshield wipers and heat only worked sometimes. I got such killer tips on that job, since I'd be driving ten, fifteen miles in horrible snowstorms. Half the time the customers would invite me in to eat the pizza with them, and then end up giving me $50 tips. Which was great, since I only made $3 an hour. For my Christmas bonus I was given $5. Woo. Sadly, the guy who owned the place died of a heart attack a few years back and the bar is now closed. :( But it was a great job the few months it lasted.

0 comments: